Wednesday, May 9, 2007

DVD almost ready ?

I finished editing the dvd yesterday evening and let it render an image in the night.
Will burn a first dvd tonight and watch it on my tv to see if anything has to be changed (probably..).

I cut a few minutes of footage of the semi and final of the belgian pinball championship, when players had one ball in play for several minutes.. but other than that the complete game of almost every player is shown so you can see the progress of the semi finals, how much a player has scored at the end of each ball, so it'll be as thrilling to see on tv as it was in real life.

The last part on the dvd is an explenation about old restored Bally bingo machines from the 1950ies and 1960ies. The problem with the whole dvd is that sound quality is quite bad - my video camera only has an internal microphone and picks up a lot of background noise.. of which there is plenty at a pinball and jukebox show :-(

I even thought about leaving the interviews off, but as I had taped them and they could be interesting to some people I left them on.. people that don't like them must just fastforward to the next part.. I did cut some parts where you almost couldn't understand anything at all that was being said.. interviewing someone in the center of the show hall while there are jukeboxes playing loudly at the booths around us wasn't the best idea I had.
That's also the reason why I don't intend to film any other shows, the sound quality of my camera is just too bad for that (and I filmed all the most important shows now).