Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Whirlwind !

This weekend I acquired a Williams Whirlwind pinball machine !

I'm sooo happy ! I got a good deal on it and it's in very good condition.
I had a Whirlwind a few years ago (in 2004) and loved the game..
but as I then also had an Addams Family and a borrowed Monopolyin my gameroom, it was just too much..
I love Pat Lawlor games (also have Twilight Zone, Funhouse and Safe Cracker) but WW, TAF and Monopoly just have a too similar playfield layout.
Monopoly and WW even 'felt' the same, if you could make the shots on one you could make it blindfold on the other game too.
So therefor at that time I sold WW as I needed the room and one game had to go.

Unfortunately the borrowed Monopoly went away after a few months and I sold the TAF too as the playfield was too bad.. I did have a better playfield for it but didn't have time to swap and restore the game.. and TAF just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why but I don't really love that game. But a very good friend of mine loves it, so I sold it to him for what I had into it..
But I love Whirlwind, that was one of the only games I have sold in the past that I really missed..
Welcome home Whirlwind.